Author(s): Gavin N. C. Kenny (Editor); Paul D. Davis (Editor)
An introductory text to the physical principles and their clinical application in anaesthesia. From SHO, through specialist training, this book gives a firm grounding, avoiding complex mathematics and irrelevant detail. Measurement and monitoring are a key element of anaesthesia for both nurses and anaesthetists.
- Offers a comprehensive guide to physical principles and their clinical application in anesthesia to help the reader practice safe and reliable anesthesia.
- Uses clinical examples throughout to aid in understanding.
- Provides practical advice on essential measurement and monitoring using the latest equipment and technology.
- Covers all topics related to equipment, physics and clinical measurement.
- Presents easy to understand information in a highly readable format with figures throughout to illustrate equipment and principles.
- Updated throughout to provide the most current information.
- Includes a new chapter on Assessment of awareness during anaesthesia (Ch. 26).