Engineers - Gutsy Girls Go For Science With Stem Projects for Kids
Author(s): Diane Taylor; Hui Li (Illustrator)
Hands-on STEM projects shine a light into the world of engineering and encourage kids ages 8 to 11 to learn about five female engineers who changed the way things work in this full-color book that teaches critical and creative thinking.
Have you crossed over a bridge today? Have you ridden an elevator to a top floor? Have you opened up a carton of milk? All of these things were made possible through engineering In Gutsy Girls Go for Science: Engineers with STEM Projects for Kids, readers ages 8 to 11 meet five female engineers who revolutionized the role of women in engineering, including Ellen Swallow Richards, Emily Warren Roebling, Kate Gleason, Lillian Moller Gilbreth, and Mary Jackson. Short sidebars highlight the accomplishments of contemporary female engineers and reveal the ways that women are finding success in engineering today, pointing the way for young people to imagine their place in engineering in the future.
- Through hands-on STEM projects such as researching organizational psychology, conducting a virtual tour of a model bridge, and creating a presentation about processed food, kids gain the critical thinking skills necessary to succeed in engineering.
- Essential questions, cool facts about female engineers, and links to online resources all reinforce high-level learning.
- Using a fun narrative style, engaging illustrations combined with photography, fascinating facts, essential questions, and hands-on projects, this book deepens readers' creative thinking skills.
About the Gutsy Girls Go for Science set and Nomad Press
Engineers is part of a set of four Gutsy Girls Go for Science books that explore career connections for young scientists. The other titles in this series include Paleontologists, Astronauts, and Programmers.
Nomad Press books in the Gutsy Girls Go for Science series integrate content with participation, encouraging readers to engage in student-directed learning. Combining content with inquiry-based projects stimulates learning and makes it active and alive. Nomad's unique approach simultaneously grounds kids in factual knowledge while allowing them the space to be curious, creative, and critical thinkers.
All books are leveled for Guided Reading level and Lexile and align with Common Core State Standards and National Curriculum Standards for Social Studies. All titles are available in paperback, hardcover, and ebook formats.
- : 9781619307858
- : Nomad Press
- : Nomad Press
- : September 2019
- : ---length:- '22.9'width:- '19.1'units:- Centimeters
- : books
- : Diane Taylor; Hui Li (Illustrator)
- : Paperback
- : English
- : 112