Author(s): Lonely Planet
#1 best-selling guide to Beijing*
Lonely Planet Beijing is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Scale the Great Wall, sip a cocktail in an historic alleyway, or go ice skating with the locals in Houhai; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Beijing and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Beijing Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, hutong, architecture, religion, literature, visual arts, music, cinema, Peking Opera, festivals, cuisine, shopping
- Free, convenient pull-out Beijing map (included in print version), plus 30 colour maps
- Covers Chaoyang, the Forbidden City, Xicheng, Dongcheng, Sanlitun, Beihai Park, Wudaokou, Haidian, Dashilar, the Temple of Heaven and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Beijing , our most comprehensive guide to Beijing, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for just the highlights of Beijing? Check out Pocket Beijing, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet China guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
*Best-selling guide to Beijing. Source: Nielsen BookScan. Australia, UK and USA