True Wellness the Heart - How to Combine the Best of Western and Eastern Medicine for Optimal Heart Health
Author(s): Catherine Jeane Kurosu; Aihan Kuhn
Combines the best that Eastern and Western medicine can offer in the understanding, treatment, and prevention of heart disease and hypertension.
Over a decade has passed since Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease (Caldwell Esselstyn Jr.) and Energy Medicine (Donna Eden) seminal books shed light on taking more control of person health through lifestyle changes. Now, Drs. Kurosu and Kuhn offer a step-by-step guide to optimal heart health and care. True Wellness for Your Heart combines the best that Eastern and Western medicine have to offer in the understanding, treatment, and prevention of heart disease and hypertension. By blending modern research with ancient practices, this book will help readers along their journey toward better cardiovascular health and overall well-being.
The authors have helped thousands of people through the use of surgery, pharmaceuticals, acupuncture, herbs, qigong, tai chi, meditation, and life-style counseling. They explain how Western medicine has substantiated a long-held understanding of the heart held by Eastern medicine - that heart health is significantly impacted by sleep, emotions, movement, food, and social support. The authors discuss how sleep, exercise, nutritious food, stress management, acupuncture, and qigong favorably impact the cardiovascular system. These modalities restore balance in the nerves, hormones, and neurotransmitters that influence the heart and blood vessels.
- Drs. Kuhn and Kurosu strongly recommend a collaborative approach, encouraging readers to engage with their Western healthcare providers so that serious conditions can be addressed safely.
- The authors share ideas about how the reader can create a multidisciplinary care team, involving practitioners of both Eastern and Western healing systems.
- The science behind meditation, acupuncture, and qigong are explained.
- Readers are offered recommendations of proven Eastern and Western therapeutic interventions that will calm the mind, decrease stress, improve sleep and nutrition, and strengthen the heart.
- True Wellness for Your Heart includes a step-by-step guide and qigong exercises designed to promote overall cardiovascular health.
The authors recognize that cardiovascular disease is complex and requires a multifaceted approach for successful treatment. By blending the ancient wisdom of Eastern Medicine with cutting-edge Western discoveries, True Wellness for Your Heart will help readers achieve optimal heart health, whether through prevention or treatment of this condition.
- : 9781594397356
- : YMAA Publication Center
- : YMAA Publication Center
- : 0.34
- : April 2020
- : .53 Inches X 6 Inches X 9 Inches
- : books
- : Catherine Jeane Kurosu; Aihan Kuhn
- : Paperback
- : 616.12
- : 208